Who may file with the Department of Economic Opportunity's Office for Civil Rights?
Any person who feels he or she has been subjected to unlawful discrimination by:
- a policy, program, activity or employee of our department
- a recipient (contractor or service provider) that receives federal financial assistance through our department
For example, this may include customers in the One-Stop Centers, such as:
- Job seekers
- Applicants for unemployment benefits
- Applicants for job-training programs
- Participants in job-training programs
- Applicants for employment with our department
- Department employees
Bases for Discrimination Complaints
Discrimination1 on any of the following bases is prohibited in Department programs:
- National origin
- Marital status
- Political affiliation or belief 2
- Participation in any WIA Title I financially assisted program or activity 3
- Citizenship or status as a lawfully admitted immigrant authorized to work in the U.S. 3
1 Chapter 760.10 Florida Statutes
2 Political affiliation or belief applies to WIA programs only.
3 Citizenship/immigrant status and program participation apply to WIA program beneficiaries only.
Are you still unsure about where to file, or about filing deadlines?
Please Contact Us.