How to become a training provider:
The Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL) is designed to assist individuals receiving Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) services in finding approved training providers for demand occupations, either within their local area or from a statewide list. The criteria for inclusion are listed below:
Initial Eligibility for Training Providers:
- The training provider should contact the Local Workforce Development Boards (LWDBs) that it is interested in working with. Each of the 24 LWDBs may have additional criteria to determine which eligible providers they use. For a directory of LWDBs, please click here.
- The program(s) offered must provide training for a statewide or local targeted occupation. For a link to the Targeted Occupations Lists (TOLs), please click here. The training provider may also contact a Local Workforce Development Board for a more up-to-date listing of targeted occupations for that local area. (Note that each local area is assigned a number, which is displayed on the directory of LWDBs. Local TOLs are displayed by number.)
- Private training providers must contact the Commission for Independent Education (CIE) at (850) 245-3200 or online at http://www.fldoe.org/cie/ to obtain licensure.
- The training provider will have to meet all requirements established by the LWDB. These requirements must include an agreement to provide student-based information to the Florida Education Training and Placement Information Program (FETPIP). http://www.fldoe.org/fetpip/
- The LWDB will add the provider to its locally maintained list.
Subsequent Eligibility for Training Providers
To maintain its eligibility to provide approved training, the private training provider must:
- Maintain licensure through the Commission for Independent Education.
- Fulfill requirements as agreed to in their agreement with an LWDB.
- Supply student-based information to FETPIP on an annual basis.
- Meet state and/or local performance criteria, as applicable.