Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA)
Is a federally funded benefit program that assist individuals who become unemployed as a direct result of a disaster
- The Governor must request assistance
- The President of the United States approves assistance.
- An individual must exhaust all entitlements (Reemployment Assistance, Emergency Unemployment Compensation) prior to being eligible for Disaster Unemployment Assistance.
If you would like to learn more about DUA click here.
Short Time Compensation (STC)
A short claims program that pays partial benefits to groups of employees working reduced hours. Employers may elect to participate in this program to retain valued employees by reducing hours for an entire group of employees instead of resorting to temporary layoffs.
Unemployment Compensation for Ex-Service Members (UCX) and Federal Civilian Employees (UCFE)
UCX provides reemployment benefits to former employees of:
- Military - If you were discharged from Service within the last 18 months
- National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration
- U.S. Public Health Service Commission Corps
UCFE provides reemployment benefits to former federal civilian employees
Benefits under the UCX and UCFE program are paid by each state's Employment Security agencies. Claims are taken in accordance with the Florida Unemployment Law and Regulations.
If you separated from UCX or UCFE employment in the last 18 months, you can Apply for Benefits.