Expedited State Review
The expedited state review process applies to all comprehensive plan amendments except for small scale and state coordinated review amendments.
State Coordinated Review
Types of Amendments that Must Follow the State Coordinated Review Guidelines
- Areas of Critical State Concern pursuant to Section 380.05, Florida Statutes
- Rural Land Stewardship pursuant to Section 163.3248, Florida Statutes
- Sector plans pursuant to Section 163.3245, Florida Statutes
- Comprehensive plans based on evaluation and appraisal reports pursuant to Section 163.3191, Florida Statutes
- A new plan for newly incorporated municipalities adopted pursuant to Section 163.3167, Florida Statutes
State Coordinated Review Guidelines
Small Scale Procedures
Use these guidelines if the local government elects to submit adopted small scale amendments to the Department of Economic Opportunity. This information will help the department keep its records of comprehensive plans up to date.
Citizen Challenge Procedures